What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the act of creating and sharing published content in order to either acquire or retain customers.
Not only is it a great way to show your expertise, engage customers and encourage brand loyalty as well as the purchasing of your products, it is fast becoming a key factor in most marketing strategies.
In order to find out just how effective content marketing really is, I’ve scoured the internet to find the most interesting facts and statistics from 2015…
- Almost 88% of B2B marketers use content marketing. [Top Rank Blog]
- 8% of those marketers rate their content marketing maturity as sophisticated. [Top Rank Blog] The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) defines ‘sophisticated’ as ‘Providing accurate measurement to the business scaling across the organisation’. [CMI]
- 61% of the most effective B2B marketers meet either weekly or daily to discuss progress. [CMI]
- Almost 64% of B2B technology buyers read between 2 to 5 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision. [Mesh Agency]
- 40% of the most effective B2B marketers are successful at tracking their ROI. [Sproutworth]
- On average, B2B marketers allocate 28% of their total marketing budget to content marketing, however, the most mature tend to allocate up to 46%. [CMI]
- 70% of B2B content marketers are creating more content in 2015 than they did in 2014. [Newscred]
- Only 31% of Fortune 500 enterprises maintain an official blog despite them being the most effective tools for increasing organic search traffic. [Business 2 Community]
- 72% of B2B marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements. [Bit Quirky]
- 83% of B2B marketers use content marketing to achieve their lead generation goals. [Mesh Agency]
- 60% of executives say that email is their best performing channel in regards to ROI. [Capterra]
It’s easy to see why content marketing is become such a fundamental part of the overall marketing mix. With proven ROI benefits, companies are beginning to place more faith and budget into content, allowing it to grow and develop.
The big question is, how will this change in 2016?
For more helpful content marketing tips, download our free whitepaper: