In 2017 content marketing has evolved from a ‘buzzword’ to become a necessity in any marketing strategy. It’s now recognised as a hugely beneficial practice, and has widely been adopted by B2B marketers.
We’ve pulled together some of the most impressive statistics we could find about content marketing, that show off its powerful benefits, how audiences interact with it, and how it is shaping the world of marketing in 2017.
– The demand for infographics has increased 800% in the past year. –Unbounce
– Every minute, 1440 WordPress blogs are published, and 500 hours of content are uploaded to YouTube (Source)
– Blog content is getting longer and more visual. The average blog post is up about 19%, coming in at about 1,050 words in length. –Orbit Media Studios
– The average reader only spends 37 seconds reading an article or blog post. –NewsCred Insights
– Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than other any other type of content. -MassPlanner
– 78% of B2B marketers use ‘website traffic’ to determine how well its content marketing is producing results (Content Marketing Institute).
– 28% of marketers have reduced their advertising budget to fund more digital marketing. –Gartner
– 89% of B2B Marketers use content marketing, (and 52% of those who don’t plan to start) – Point Visible
– 68% of consumers feel more positive about a brand after consuming content from it. – Point Visible
– 70% of B2B marketers plan to create more content in 2017 compared to 2016 (Content Marketing Institute).
– 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day. (Source: eMarketer)
– 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as part of their content strategy (Content Marketing Institute).
– Compared to traditional marketing programs, content marketing costs 62% less and generates approximately three times the volume of leads. (DemandMetric)
– Almost 60% of marketers reuse and repurpose content between two and five times. (LookBookHQ)
The benefits of content marketing are clear to see, and if you can utilise it to its full potential the pay back can be astronomical. If you think your content marketing needs a bit of a makeover, see how we can help: