If your company is not producing content, then you should be. Content marketing is being used effectively by small and large companies across the globe; it can generate traffic to your website, increase customer engagement and conversions and inform new customers of your brand and services.
Read on for 8 Killer Content Marketing Tips from the Creative Team here at Inbox Insight.
1. Know yourself and your customers:
- Clearly understand and define your content strategy objectives and revisit this throughout the year. You should create a plan to create content each quarter and revisit older, out of date whitepapers and guides to keep them current
- Determine your customers’ habits, desires and behavioural patterns and deliver the thought provoking content that they want.
2. Know what to create and when to post:
- Do some research, find out the best time to post.
- Discover the social platforms that your customers use.
- Check out the comments and shares on your previous blogs, you’ll soon learn who is reading your content which enables you to learn more about your target audience.
- Who knows, their comments might provide you with some new ideas.
3. Find out the topics that are trending:
- Follow what’s happening in your industry – set up RSS feeds to your competitors’ blogs and subscribe to newsletters
- Check out the latest Twitter and Facebook hashtags as these can provide you with what’s hot and what’s not.
4. Make use of the team around you:
- Content marketing and content creation shouldn’t be daunting; you don’t have to complete the process from beginning to end. Do what you can and utilise the people around you. Work as a team.
5. Collate your content:
- Re-use your most popular blogs from throughout the year and create an annual ‘best of’ whitepaper at the end of the year, there’s no point all that hard work going to waste.
6. Keep your content fresh and regularly updated:
- There’s nothing worse than engaged readers visiting your site in search of a thought provoking blog or resources centre and there being nothing there for them to read.
7. Set up a schedule:
- Work out what you want to achieve through content marketing in the planning stage.
- If you’ve got a blog on your website, make sure you have a schedule in place to blog a couple of times a month and stick to it.
- Keep a bank of ideas at the ready to fall back on when you’re fresh out of ideas for new titles.
8. Get sharing!
- Share your content on as many different social media platforms as you can, this is a great way to increase traffic to your site.
- Your Twitter followers, LinkedIn Connections and Facebook friends are all potential customers. Let your customers be your voice and share your content amongst their connections too. Don’t miss a trick and make sure you include ‘share’, ‘like’ and ‘tweet’ buttons on your content.