The 25 days of…Programmatic Advertising

Let the countdown begin!

We could have bought you 25 days of snow scenes and festive nut crackers but as digital fanatics, we’ve thought of something far better.

Every day we’ll be posting a fresh insight from the world of programmatic advertising. Giving you a unique overview of the current state of B2B advertising, along with data-fuelled future predications.

What better way to get excited about 2019 and all the new B2B media planning and advertising opportunities it will bring?!

DAY 1:

By 2019, programmatic advertising will most probably account for about two thirds of the world’s digital display advertising (martechcube)

DAY 2:

50% of marketers are buying mobile programmatically (IABUK)

DAY 3:

The first 100% programmatic ad campaign was launched by Adobe in 2017 (Adobe)

DAY 4:

62% of media-buying professionals increasing spend on programmatic TV in the next 6 months, say the main benefit is reaching a more targeted audience (Adobe Digital Insights)

DAY 5:

programmatic stat

In response to transparency concerns, 51% of marketers have aggressively updated blacklists and 45% have targeted whitelists (ANA/Forrester)

DAY 6:

42% of B2B marketers cited targeting the right audience as their number 1 challenge for programmatic (Dun & Bradstreet)

DAY 7:

The biggest programmatic market is the US, where US $40.6bn is expected to be spent programmatically in 2018 – 58% of the total (ZenithMedia)

DAY 8:

By 2019, 85% of display ads in the US will be purchased programmatically (eMarketer)

DAY 9:

Programmatic TV will continue to gain market share in both the United States & United Kingdom, with planned budget increases of 28% and 39%, respectively (CMO)

DAY 10:

More than 70% of B2B marketers are using or plan to use data-driven tactics such as lookalike, cross-channel and cross-device targeting (Dun & Bradstreet)

DAY 11:

UK Programmatic digital display ad spending will rise to £4.52 billion ($6.10 billion) by 2019 (eMarketer)

DAY 12:


76% of advertisers are drawn to Programmatic for its targeting options (State Of Digital)

DAY 13:

Global data market will reach $26 billion in 2019 (OnAudience)

DAY 14:

The future of every advertising medium lies in low-waste precision targeting (Taylor Schreiner, ADI)

DAY 15:

Programmatic has become a critical part of many leading brands’ advertising mix (Forrester)

DAY 16:

Programmatic advertising enables greater marketing performance, transparency, and ROI for marketing budgets (Ashton Media)

DAY 17:

Programmatically sold advertising will be worth 84.09 billion U.S. dollars in 2019, up from 57.5 billion in 2017 (Statista)

DAY 18:

62% of marketers use programmatic advertising to achieve brand objectives (Invesp)

DAY 19:

Programmatic ads have an industry-wide standard of 16% fraud – which is lower than other display ads (Digital Marketing Institute)

DAY 20:

By 2022, 80% of the advertising process will be automated. The remaining 20% will be comprised of brand value, storytelling, and other more experiential tactics that will always require a human driver (Phil Gaughran speaking at Adobe Think Tank)

DAY 21:

Account-based marketing (ABM) is driving demand for programmatic advertising (Forrester)

DAY 22:

Over 70% of B2B marketers will choose Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) over data lakes (Forrester)

DAY 23:

90% of B2B brands and agencies believe the use of data and analytics is changing how they approach advertising and marketing (Dun & Bradstreet)

DAY 24:

Being a brand and relying on a human-to-human interface for media purchases will soon become a thing of the past (Forbes)

DAY 25:

Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a successful 2019 from all the Inbox Insight Team!

If you’re looking to make programmatic advertising part of your essential promotional mix this 2019, check out InboxNEXUS.

Jennifer Brennand

Jennifer, a highly respected figure in B2B Tech media, offers strategic leadership through data driven and insight led recommendations that deliver better business outcomes. With expertise in both digital and traditional B2B media, she excels at building integrated demand campaigns and driving client growth.
Want access to the latest B2B insights?

Our InboxInsider provides a monthly round-up of the latest whitepapers and reports, trending intent tags, best-performing subject lines, and more.

Latest blogs

Latest blog posts