Inbox Insight Limited and its affiliates (collectively, ‘Inbox Insight’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and gather and process data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is Inbox Insight Ltd. Registered office: 1 Exchange Square, Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8FJ. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Sam Thompson.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service(s), or requesting further information, services or content.
- Information provided by reputable third party data sources.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any information provided or required to resolve your enquiry or issue.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
3. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data concerning browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) define four categories of Cookie that are used on the Internet as follows:
- Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to use the website. They enable us to provide services you have specifically asked for.
- Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. The data collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.Inbox Insight use these cookies for Google Web Analytics to enable us to improve user experience and navigation.
- Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name or language) in order to improve the user experience. These cookies are used on our website for login-in and subscriber services functionality.
- Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. We place third party advertising cookies through a number of our email bulletins, which allow the delivery of such advertising through selected third-party partners. This targeting is based upon the content that you have viewed and is known as Online Behavioural Advertising. Please note that none of the information contained in these cookies has any personal identifier information (PII) attached to it (such as email, telephone, name, etc.).
5. Storage of personal data
Inbox Insight has implemented reasonable security measures to protect information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Our security systems include authenticated access to internal databases, audits of procedures, and regular reviews of overall Web security.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We are committed to responsible email sending practices, and only send email to individuals whose data has been lawfully and fairly obtained. Should you believe you are receiving email from us contra to the requirements of best practice and/or law, please use the unsubscribe functionality contained in all of our publications. Alternatively, please contact us directly on email@example.com, so that we may investigate and help deliver your data protection rights.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services.
7. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Inbox Insight or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our websites and email bulletins frequently contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Access to Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1988, you have the right to access information held about you.
All requests should be made in writing, addressed to: Inbox Insight Ltd, 1 Exchange Square, Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8FJ.
Please note that any access request may be subject to an administration charge of £10, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.