As your marketing strategy for 2017 comes into place, you have probably thought about where lead generation should come into it. How much should you spend? Are you sourcing enough leads? Will your boss agree with your plans? If you think they might need a little bit of persuading on the importance of lead generation for your business, here are 12 statistics to impress them with:
– The three most commonly used B2B lead generation strategies are email marketing (78%), event marketing (73%), and content marketing (67%). (Demand Metric Research Corporation via Direct Marketing News)
– 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel for generating revenue. (BtoB Magazine)
– It is expected that by 2017, the number of emails sent daily will reach approximately 297 billion. (The Wonder of Tech)
– 85% of B2B marketers say lead generation is their most important content marketing goal in 2016. (Content Marketing Institute)
– 93% of B2B companies say content marketing generates more leads than traditional marketing strategies. (Forbes via Marketo)
– Expertise in lead nurturing results in a 50% increase in sales-ready leads, along with a 33% decrease in its cost. (Forrester Research via HubSpot)
– More than 79% of marketing leads don’t convert into sales with the lack of lead nurturing as the leading cause. (MarketingSherpa via HubSpot)
– 53% of marketers say half or more of their budget is allocated to lead generation, while 34% say less than half of their budget is allocated to lead generation. (BrightTALK via Hubspot)
– B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those that do not blog. (Openview via Ironpaper)
– 73% of all leads are not sales ready. (Marketing Sherpa)
– Companies with aligned sales and marketing generated 208% more revenue from their marketing. (Marketing Profs)
– More than two thirds of companies report struggling with lead generation. (Lattice Engines)
It’s clear to see the effectiveness of lead generation, and why it should play a major role in your marketing strategy. Make sure you are giving it the attention and resources needed to make it work for you and deliver the best possible ROI in 2017.
Need some help with your lead generation? You can contact us online or call 01962 835950 and we’d be happy to help.